Existing Industry Services
Existing Industry Program
The Chamber's Existing Industry Services program is designed to assist local companies on expansion plans in Huntsville/Madison County.
The Industry Retention & Expansion initiatives enhance business growth for industry and entrepreneurs striving to provide local companies with the following:
- Coordinate with local companies to assist with their overall growth plans. The expansion programs include provision of site location, state and local incentives, infrastructure, utilities & employee selection and training.
- Information and publicity programs such as the "Industry On Display" which advertises local company products in the Chamber and Airport lobbies.
- Performance of general business retention/expansion tasks such as local company visitations, corporate office visits, corporate officer hostings, as well as providing troubled industry support functions.
- Provision of direct industry support including the Industrial Directory of 1300+ companies, annual wage & benefits survey information and Industrial Trade Show participation.
- Hosting of appreciation and recognition events such as our annual Industry Appreciation Outing.
The Chamber has developed a jobs database and website, www.asmartplace.com, which lists many job openings available at local companies. The site also has links to the participating companies' websites for visitors to gain further information.